So... we have come to the end of another great year... 2017...
For all of you who have had a year as blessed and as full of joy as we have... I am sure you are as positive and excited as we are for 2018 and looking forward to whatever it may bring!
While we believe positivity and optimism are of the upmost importance to living a happy life, it is still important to make sure you cover yourself, your family, and your business against some of life's more negative incidents...
As we are approaching December and many of you are planning overseas vacations or a trip down to the coast (...or up from the coast... whatever you fancy), it is important not to forget about what you are leaving behind!
Whatever your plans are, remember that you are leaving some of your most valued assets either alone or in the hands of someone else while you are gone or you are taking them with you (e.g. your cars, cell phones, laptops etc.). We have a few tips for you to make sure your home is protected while you are away. If you are traveling with your car, here are some tips to ensure the safety of you and your family while on the road:
1. Make sure your household contents insurance policy is up-to-date to ensure that you are correctly covered if something happens while you are away. (Actually you should ALWAYS make sure your policy is up-to-date! But don't worry, your KIS broker will make sure it is!)
2. Turn off your geyser and water supply at home before you leave. This will ensure that no damage is done to your home should there be a geyser or pipe burst/leak.
3. Test your home alarm system and make sure it is still linked to your armed response company! If something happens, at least you will be notified, armed response will respond to the scene and hopefully apprehend the burglars before they get away with any of your belongings! In most cases your insurance policy won't cover you if you have noted a working alarm system on the policy but it was not activated while no one was home.
4. Before hitting the road, make sure your car is still roadworthy (otherwise the insurance might not pay out if something happens). This includes checking the tread on your tyres as well as the pressure, checking that your wiper blades are in good working order and not worn out and making sure that your headlights are all working and providing sufficient visibility at night.
5. Keep your insurance emergency assist phone numbers on your phone so that if there is an emergency, you have the number on hand to call them immediately thus ensuring quick and efficient assistance to help you out!
6. If you are planning on leaving the country, make sure all your valuables that you will be traveling with are insured correctly under the All Risk section (this ensures that they are covered worldwide!) and that you have sufficient travel insurance in place for you and your family.
These are some simple and easy precautions to take before embarking on your journey with your family but they have proven to save client's a lot of time, stress and money.
Don't let your holiday be ruined by something that could have been prevented (or eased) by having proper insurance and security/safety precautions in place!
If you are not going on vacation this December, don't you think it is the perfect time to contact us and get your short-term insurance updated before the new year? (One less thing for your new years resolutions and to do lists!). We are open and would love to help protect you and your assets for the new year!
Stay safe on the roads this festive season and we at Kern Insurance Solutions wish you a very merry Christmas and the happiest of holidays! Contact us today for awesome insurance quotes and advice from a personal broker.